• BA(Hons) Contemporary Textile Practice: 1st Class Honours University of Wales Institute, Cardiff: 2007 – 2010
- Dissertation: The Influence Of South Asian Design On Contemporary Western Interiors.
- Consultancy Module: Sarah Chayne from Gilby&Chayne.
- Collaboration with Melin Tregwynt.
- Live Module, IKEA: Reconfiguration of an Ikea chair.
• BTEC National Diploma Fashion and Textiles Triple Award: Distinction Distinction Distinction
Plymouth College of Art and Design: 2005 – 2007
• Tavistock College: 11 GCSE’s: 1999 – 2005 Grades A-B
Exhibitions & Fairs
• Cornwall Design Fair, Trereife House, Cornwall: September 2016
• Country Living Spring Fair, BDC Islington, London: March 2016
• Saltram House National Trust Christmas Festival, Devon: November 2015
• Kirstie Allsopp's The Handmade Fair, Hampton Court Palace, London: September 2015
• 'Originals' Tord Boontje Retrospective, Sotheby's, London: 2015. Bespoke fabric panels displayed at Tord Boontje's selling exhibition at Sotheby's.
• RHS Chelsea Flower Show 100th Anniversary: 2013.
Hand-printed panels designed and printed whilst at Studio Tord Boontje were used to create his stand.
• 'Shipwrecked' Studio Tord Boontje, London: March 2013 Showcasing bespoke fabric panels and a jewellery collection for Studio Tord Boontje's 'Shipwrecked' collection. Editorial and photographs of textiles were featured in the New York Times.
• New Designers, Business Design Centre, London: 2010.
Exhibition of screen printed fabrics and wallpapers from my Final Major Project.
• IKEA, Cardiff: 2009.
Selected to exhibit final piece as part of a live module.
• Fashion Show, Plymouth College of Art and Design: 2006 & 2007. Exhibition of my fashion and textile work.
• Design To Sell, Plymouth College of Art and Design: 2006.
Sale of my textile work as part of a module.
• Designer/Artist Maker Skills
Silk screen printing using various techniques, dyeing various synthetic and natural grounds, digital printing, digital stitch, fabric manipulation and embroidery, colour mixing and co-ordination, basic pattern cutting skills.
• PC/MAC Skills
Skilled application on both PC and Mac in a range of Microsoft programmes and Photoshop.
• Presentational Skills
Displaying and exhibiting projects to a professional standard. Presenting fashion pieces on a catwalk, with appropriate styling and accessories. Window and shelving displays. Room set design/display and styling. Clear and precise.
Independent attendance of lectures, exhibitions and work shops by various artist/designers, independent attendance of design shows, researching and following design trends, and sourcing inspiration through travel.
• Time Management/Organisational Skills
I am adept in organising and structuring my work. I have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Anthropologie : Assistant Designer, Home Textiles. Philadelphia, US. November 2016 - Current.
• Gemma Lofthouse Designs: Founded October 2014
• Drakes Auctions, Devon: May 2014 - May 2015
- Auction Assistant and Administrator.
• Frontline, Devon: Oct 2013 - March 2014
- Print Technician.
• Melbourne Spring Fashion Week. Pronto Productions, Australia: September 3rd - 9th 2012
- Back of House staff.
• Forever New Fashion House Head Office. Melbourne, Australia: June-September 2012
- Buyers Administration Assistant.
• Jack Wills Clothing: June 2011 – Jan 2012
- Retail Experience. Sales Assistant/Advisor.
• Freelance Designer: January 2011
- Wedding Invitations and Order Of Service Books.
• Insideout: Jan 2011 – June 2011
- Retail and Visual Merchandising Experience.
- Sales Assistant.
• West Devon Borough Council: August 2010 - Dec 2010 Temporary Contract - Monitoring Officer for Waste Management, Environmental Services.
• Studio Tord Boontje, London: January - April 2013
- Assisted and took the lead in various design projects, to include fabric design and screen printing, jewellery, ceramics design for Mateus, and exhibition set up.
• Uttam London, Yumi: November - December 2012
- Assisted with styling at the AW13 Photo-shoot.
- Administration duties.
• Carolyn Quartermaine, CQ Unwrapped, London: November 2012 and July 2011
- Assisted with styling The Glade, Sketch, for a presentation evening for Fragonard Parfumeur.
- Assisted with creating mood-boards and selecting fabric swatches. - Organising fabric orders, cutting and packaging, and organising files of fabrics and trimmings.
• Ink & Spindle, Melbourne, Australia: May-June 2012
- Screen-printing both company and my designs, mixing pigments, making items for the shop, styling, stocktaking, creating fabric orders, cutting and packaging.
- Created an in-studio display and shop for their products.
• Alex McCarthy Ceramics: October 2011
- Assisted in setting up and product display/styling ‘Origin Exhibition’, London.
• Visiting Lecturer, Printed Textiles, Milton Abbot Primary School: October 2014.
Teaching fabric printing with handmade foam blocks for their Autumn class display.
• Plymouth NICU. The Developmental Care Ward - "sewing Snugglies and bedding to help with our high demands.”
References, Full CV/Portfolio and Press Packs available on request.